Thursday, December 8

A Coastal Christmas Tablescape: Red, Gold and Blue

All the beautiful Christmas images I've been looking at lately have inspired me to get creative and try out a few different things on our dining room table! I definitely want to try a mix of colours, themes and styles in the coming year and to get started I threw together this 'Nod to Nautical' Red, Gold and Blue Christmas tablescape.
As usual, I made use of items that we already had in the house - something we can all do with little fuss and no expense, gotta love that! - and came up with a simple, welcoming and festive table all ready for guests to come and enjoy! Doesn't it feel all the merrier when you have a lush Christmas tree twinkling in the background?!

This bright tablescape just makes me happy... 
A white tablecloth was used as a base, with a navy blue runner and
touches of red and gold for Christmas cheer...


The centrepiece of the table is a piece of 'driftwood' - actually a branch that
my youngest dog, Harley brought to me out of the garden! 
I sanded it down a little for a sea-worn look and I plan to whitewash it soon too...

My favourite little white starfish add a coastal touch...

I filled a glass bowl with a large gold candle and various small red and gold ornaments for
some sparkle.This is gorgeous at night!


I looped the little red poinsettia flowers around the 'driftwood'
for rustic touch...

Shimmering gold and silver votives mark each place setting...you can never
have too many candles on your table in my book!
Instead of using wine glass charms why not loop a different ornament to each
guest's glass so they can identify theirs easily? It looks cute too!

I popped a garland of festive red beads into my hurricane lamp but you could also use
your favourite small ornaments or perhaps some Epsom salts poured in as 'snow'...

Ahh, hello Christmas tree!
Just like the song says "It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas" around here!
Next up cookie making and some easy-peasy Christmas crafts, fabulous! :)

If you love a coastal tablescape be sure to check out my other post here for three fun, festive ideas!

Oh, and as for what's in the champagne glasses? I'll post that recipe soon!  It involves plenty of sugar and fresh summer berries! Yum!

xo K

Today I'm linked to:
Savvy Southern Style
Sally Lee by the Sea
Between Naps on the Porch
No Minimalist Here
The Brambleberry Cottage
Hooked on Houses
DIY Home Sweet Home
Get Outta my Head
You're Talking Too Much
Coastal Charm
A'la Mode 
The Inspired Room

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...