Wednesday, August 29

Welcoming Spring and a Beachy Pet Shoot

It seems that Spring has sprung in our little corner of the world! The temperatures have been creeping up ever so slowly and plants are beginning to unfurl and blossom. Having the doors flung open at the weekend after months of being tightly closed against the cold was so lovely, so I went and sat out on the front deck with my camera and watched the dogs play and snapped a few things that caught my eye...

Firstly our magnificent Magnolia tree, the colours are just breathtaking but the flowers are already falling off to make way for the new season leaves...

So pretty...

Hmm, Nala is usually so photogenic hehe but not when she pulls her snarly face! What you can't see is that Harley was nibbling on her tail trying to get her to play. They mock-growl and snap at each other when they play, it's quite hilarious, especially when you can't see them and all you can hear is the  'snap, snap, snap' of their teeth...

Now this is the Nala I know...


I had a motive for taking lots of puppy photos because I had one of my pet mini-sessions happening on Sunday and I wanted the practice. Animals move much faster than children do and nailing focus on a moving subject is not easy!!

But we had a gorgeous afternoon at the beach for this shoot after rescheduling twice due to the Auckland rain! I'm still working my way through these photos but here are a few favourites of beautiful 'S' and sweet little Coby her two year old, miniature Fox Terrier...









My goodness, I have so much editing to do at the moment I am getting a little behind with blogging!  But I have some really fun news to share later this week about an e-mail from one of my favourite international interior designers (I still can't believe he contacted me!!) and lots more photos to share, so I'll be back just as soon as I can!

I hope you're all happy and well and enjoying the warm weather as much as I am. Summer is just around the corner for us down-under and I can't wait, beach days and lazy hours whiled away on the front deck enjoying the sunshine, bliss! 

Chat soon...

xo K 

Linking up to:
Project Alicia
Happy Jax

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...